Carole Hisasue, Chieko Shiina, Child cancer rates, Chizu Hamada, Fukushima, Information blackout, Isamu "Sam" Kanno, Japan, No Nukes Asian Action, Not power generation but fusion and fission material for bombs, the Fukushima Collaborative Clinic, Unfolding catastrophe
Hat tip to Information Clearing House for this link to the video and story:
Cancer epidemic underway in Fukushima — Rates up 6,000% says head of cancer research center — “This is definitely a holocaust… everything’s being swept under the rug” — “Very, very frightening… my family members are brainwashed”
Published on Jan 27, 2015
Report From Fukushima And The Abe Government Expansion And Export Of Nuclear Plants
Reports were made on the continuing contamination in Fukushima Japan and the role of the Abe government including action by Doro Mito railway workers who have been ordered to restart rail lines next to Fukushima despite the continuing health and safety dangers.
Chieko Shiina from Fukushima and a supporter of the Fukushima Collaborative Clinic, Isamu “Sam” Kanno of No Nukes Asia and Chizu Hamada of No Nukes Action spoke at the meeting. The presentations were translated by Carole Hisasue who is Mothers For Peace.
This conference took place in San Luis Obispo near the Diablo Canyon. It was called by the Nuclear Free California Network. and was held on January 24 & 25th, 2015
For more information on the Fukushima Collaborative Clinic
Production of Labor Video Project http://www.laborvideo.org
(Source of the partial transcript that follows: ENENEWS energy news)
- At 8:00 — Already, 85 children have had surgeries for thyroid cancer, there are 112-113 children who are suspected of having cancer. When children get cancers it progresses very quickly. The former person in charge of health, Yamashita Shunichi, said it would be only a 1 in a million chance of children getting any kind of cancer because of radiation. But he was lying. Right now, it’s like 1 in 3,000 — it’s an epidemic… The head of the National Cancer Research Center estimated right now in Fukushima the rate of cancer has gone up 61 times. And yet the gov’t and also the hospitals related to the gov’t are saying this is not because of radiation… How long does the gov’t think that we’ll be silent about this? In light of this epidemic, my anger will never die down. And then to think about the parents of the small children – how worried they must be.
- At 12:00 — It’s not only children. There are many things happening to adults as well. Increased rates of thyroid cancer, heart attacks, leukemia, cataracts – many, many health problems, where they are wondering… there’s something definitely wrong.
- At 16:00 — I can’t forgive the gov’t, they’re murderers. This is definitely a holocaust.
- At 20:00 — Media won’t report on it. Everything’s just being swept under the rug.
- At 26:00 — A TV program called ‘Hodo Station’… they went to Fukushima City to interview people and they also came to my clinic… The director that made this program also made a follow up show and contacted one of the interviewees telling her, ‘We’ll be airing it soon.’ But before it was aired, it was taken off the program. This director died. This director apparently told one of the interviewees, ‘If you do hear that I died, please believe that it was not a suicide, no matter what you might hear.’ There is no truth in the media in Japan today. There are all sorts of these mysterious events happeningthat are still unexplained and uninvestigated.
- At 43:00 — Even today the gov’t is insisting the rise in pediatric thyroid cancer rates are not due to the accident…Why are they being so insistent? It’s because the moment they admit the reality of what’s going on, then they obviously can’t restart any of the nuclear plants and must change their entire nuclear policy.
Carole Hisasue, translator (at 1:15:00): It’s disappeared from the media, it’s disappeared from people’s consciousness. There’s this big culture of denial going on outside of Fukushima. They want to pretend like it never happened. I can’t talk to my own family about radiation contamination… They don’t want to hear it. They go, ‘You don’t understand because you don’t have to live here, we have to live here.’… It’s like ‘see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil’… just trying to ignore it and pretend life is the way it was before 3/11. It’s frightening, it’s very very frightening… [My sister-in-law] is completely brainwashed by the gov’t who says, ‘Oh no, it’s fine, fine, fine’… she believes it, even though her son suffers from a lot of nosebleeds — and I think that’s a serious problem. If I mention it to her, or even to my own mother, they get very offended. They go, ‘Oh no, no. He’s always been like that. It’s nothing to do with radiation.’ Talk about denial, it just hurts my heart.